Shopping for shorts can be difficult if you really want a pair which flatters your body. It’s even more frustrating and time-consuming when you’re not entirely sure what you’re looking for. Feel free to experiment with different styles but if you want some quick tips, I got you!
1. Mid-thigh styles look great on pretty much everyone. Aim for this length if you want shorts which offer coverage but don’t look awkward. If you find a style which allows you to roll the hem, you can adjust the length to suit your preference.
2. If you’re petite and you want to add the illusion of height, you can go with shorter pants and pair them with nude wedges or heels.
3. Look for shorts which skim your body instead of cling to it. You want to be able to move freely. Also, constantly tugging at your clothing isn’t a good look.
4. For ladies with short torsos, low-waisted shorts are your best bet since they help to lengthen the mid-section. High-waist styles are cute but they can make your torso look even shorter.
5. If your torso is long but your legs are short, high-waisted styles are perfect.
6. Maybe you want a pair of shorts to make you look slimmer. If so, look for style with a side zip. Front zippers and buttons are bulky and they add volume you may not want.
7. If you’re on the other side of the fence and you want to create the illusion of curves, pocket details or pleats can add some shape.
Of course, if you truly want a perfect fit, you can get your favourite designer or seamstress to make a pair of shorts just for you!
Have you found a pair of shorts which are absolutely perfect? Let us know in the comments!