10 Pairs of Flats Perfect for the Office
Often when we think of shoes for the office we think of heels. This makes sense since many of us feel more dressed up (and more in charge) when we’re elevated. Some workplaces also include heels in the dress code. The problem is that many women find it uncomfortable to wear heels for eight hours straight. At some point in the day, the flats come out.
Things to Note When Choosing Office Flats
This is understandable but those flats still need to chic and office appropriate. i.e. not flip-flops. You still want to look polished and put-together and powerful. You’ll want to avoid excessive embellishment unless you work in a very creative environment but you can have
You should try to avoid anything too flimsy or casual when looking for office flats. Also, strappy shoes may veer towards “weekend” or “evening”. Pointy toe flats are the chicest and they’re easy to style but your toes may not love them. Round toes often don’t have the same impact but they can be more comfortable. Loafers and Oxfords will go easily with pants but you may have to wear them with skirts or dresses on a case by case basis.
With that said, here are ten pairs of office flats that can enhance your work wardrobe. They cover a range of price points. Click any title to purchase.
Bonus: Here are some tips on dressing for your next job interview.
Links à la Mode, September 6th, 2018
- Adorned in Armor: Struggling In Silence: Mental Illness & The Church
- Aesthetic Distance: Representation Matters And It’s Not Just About Hollywood
- Eboni Curls: Vorfreude
- Fashion to Live: Weekend Adventures: Taco Dirty Opening & Zoo Tampa Day: Flamingo Print Crop Tee + Skater Skirt + Flats
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: Maternity Wedding Guest Look
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Styling a Floral Smock Dress
- I’m a Norbyah: Redress Design Award: Getting to Know Grand Finalist Ganit Goldstein
- In My Wardrobe: What to Wear on a Job Interview
- Jessica Sheppard: Back to School Capsule Wardrobe
- Krystin Tysire: How to Create the Perfect Festival Hair
- L’ambassadrice: The Power of Instagram: How @fashionassistants Gives Voice to Fashion Workers Fighting Abuse
- LunaVida Blog: Coral Relief | Tank + Boyfriend Jeans + Espadrille Wedges
- Otis Samantha: Things to do in Vancouver | A Vancouver Blogger Guide to the 604
- Politics of Pretty: Bag Love: Leather Tote Bags from Madewell, Cuyana and Everlane
- The Petite Bijou: The Best College Tips for Women
SPONSOR: Amazon’s Shopbop
A.L.C., Helmut Lang Dresses, BaubleBar Jewelry, ei8htdreams, Kolor, Paco Rabanne, Boyfriend Blazers, Crew Neck Knits, Kitten Heels, Men’s Tretorn