Choosing The Perfect Boots for Kadooment Day
Kadooment Day is fast approaching and if you’re jumping, you’re probably trying to get all your accessories in order.
One of the key things for the road is shoes. They complement your costume so you can be The Baddest thing on the road AND they’ll keep your feet in relative comfort while you Tip and Ben Ova.
Boots have become a very popular alternative to sneakers in recent years. If you want to avoid hobbling in pain before you reach Station Hill, you’ll need a comfortable fit.
1. If you don’t want to go totally flat, choose a manageable wedge over a heel since you’re going to be on your feet all day. If you must have a heel, make sure it’s not a stiletto.
2. Pointy toes will make your legs look longer but a round toe is likely to be more comfortable. Try different styles and walk around the store as much as possible.
3. Make sure the boot is padded. Remember, the goal is to be as comfortable as possible.
4. Try the boots with socks in the store to ensure you have the correct size. You don’t want to find out your shoes are too tight while you’re rushing out the door on jump-up day.
5. Make sure the boot isn’t too heavy. You’re going to be wearing them for a long time and you don’t want to get too tired too early. Work is tomorrow!
If you’re wondering where to get your boots (and carnival stockings), check out The Shoe Palace in Collonade Mall (formerly Dacosta’s Mall). They have a wide range of styles and colours as shown above.
Happy shopping and happy jumping!