6 Types of Work Shoes To Amp Up Your Wardrobe
If you’re from the Caribbean you probably grew up hearing you only need brown and black work shoes. They go with everything right? When I first started working I believed that too and if you’re now starting out, you should have these basics. However, if you want your work outfits to have major impact, you should add some colour and prints.
Here are six pairs you should consider.
1. A black pump. This shoe will probably get the most wear since it will go with almost everything else in your wardrobe. Look for little details like straps, buckles and mixed textures which make black pumps a little more interesting.
2. A red pump. Try to keep the heel low and the shoe free from embellishment since the colour is already so attention-grabbing.
3. A printed shoe. My favourite is leopard print but you can go with another animal print like a snakeskin or zebra print or something more trendy like houndstooth. Keep the rest of your outfit simple.
4. A fun, unusual coloured pair. Maybe you’ll keep these work shoes for casual Fridays or rock them boldly on a Monday if you’re in a creative field. Either way, they’re going to stand out. Look for your favourite colour or one you’ve simply always wanted to try.
5. A nude shoe. Remember there’s no one colour called nude and the term refers to whichever shade closely matches your skin tone. This shoe will help to elongate your legs when you wear skirts or pants of the same colour. Think Olivia Pope.
6. Open toe wedges. If you live in the Caribbean or its summertime where you are, sometimes you’re going to want a break from enclosed shoes. As long as your office allows it, find a black or other neutral sandal with straps that aren’t too thin so you can show off those freshly painted toes.