Fashion in Five September 5, 2015
Rihanna’s Dior shoot, Lauren Conrad’s September style tips and Louis XIV’s heavy influence on haute couture. Today’s links are a mix of heavy and lighter fare. Hope you enjoy!
1. Darling Magazine talks about how Jane Birkin, Lauren Hutton and Bianca Jagger developed their unique personal style.
2. September editions of fashion magazine are particularly high-profile. This year no less than eight magazines have black women on their covers. Hello Giggles talks about this.
3. Lauren Conrad shared her ten style tips for September. She predicts a comeback for bell bottoms but if that’s not your style, wrap dresses, fringe and suede and stripes are also included.
4. Rihanna did a shoot for Dior Mag. Yes, the photos are hot! Take a peek at Huff Post Style.
5. This is a lengthier read but it’s a good one. The Atlantic looks at how French King Louis XIV invented fashion as we know it.