New Year, New Wardrobe?
Happy New Year!
New years often bring new things. Like this new site, for instance. I’m quite excited about all the possibilities which I can explore over the next 12 months and I hope you are as well.
I’m sure we all have plans relating to finances, careers, relationships and other serious things but what about fashion? I think the new year is the perfect time to revamp your wardrobe if you’re not entirely happy with it.
That may sound like a daunting task but I assure you, it can be quite simple if you a plan. So here goes your step by step guide for beginning to make this year your most stylish one yet.
1. Divide everything in your closet into three piles: what you love, what you hate and what has rips, stains or missing buttons. Keep what you love, donate what you hate and determine whether anything in the third pile can be salvaged. When you come across those pieces that you don’t like, never wore and can’t even remember buying, donate them to a charity of your choice or a less fortunate woman you know.
2. Focus on those pieces you love. We all have a few items that we wear often. We all have a few items that we wear often. Consider what you really love about these items and look for a couple other pieces that are similar. Maybe you fell in love with the fit of a particular brand or the way the fabric feels against your skin. Keep that in mind when you go shopping.
3. Don’t forget the basics. Jeans, tees, well-fitting and supportive undergarments, cardigans, black pants, white button down shirts, pearl necklaces. There are key items in most wardrobes but you can make the necessary substitutions based on your lifestyle and line of work.
4. Invest in accessories. Once you have basic clothing items in your wardrobe, you get to make some fun purchases. Get varying scarves, necklaces, earrings, belts and so on to switch up your looks.
5. Try something new. Is there a look you’ve always wanted to try? Do you admire a particular woman’s style choices but think you could never pull it off the way she does? You won’t know for sure until you actually give it a shot. If you’re usually all about pastels and floral prints, try something a little edgier. If you gravitate toward menswear-inspired pieces, try a flirty skirt in 2014.
6. Store it right. Putting together outfits and getting ready in the morning is a breeze if your things are well organized. From clothes to belts and necklaces, there are several storage options from which you can choose.
Do you have any style plans for this year?