Browsing through the newspaper, I came across a workshop for teenagers which stated the dress code was “decently casual”. It’s not a
Most 13-year-olds don’t have business or business casual wear and the
It can be difficult to know what to wear in certain situations since dress codes have become a lot more relaxed over the years. Also, many of us like our personality to shine through even when there are restrictions.
Other times there are restrictions you don’t even expect. Thomas Cook airlines recently threatened to put a woman off a flight because she was wearing a crop top so I don’t even know anymore!
Still, there’s a time and place for everything and even if the dress code says casual, there are some things you may not want to wear. If you’re attending a professional or academic workshop or seminar, decent should ALWAYS be the name of the game. The same applies if your workplace has casual Fridays.
Here’s a quick list of what not to wear:
- Crop tops
- Tube tops
- Tops and dresses which expose your bra
- Tees with designs and slogans which can be deemed offensive
- Short shorts, skirts or anything else that shows a lot of skin
- Jeans with excessive distressing
- Anything which shows off excessive cleavage
- Tops or dresses with thin straps
- Beach flip-flops
Did I leave out anything? Do you disagree with anything on the list? Drop your thoughts below!