First of all, thank you so very much for your support of InMyWardrobe over the past few days. Welcome to all the new readers as well fans on Facebook. If you’re here that probably means you like fashion quite a bit and I look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions going forward.
Now on to my wrap up of this year’s event: What I liked and what I didn’t.
What I didn’t like
- The late starts. Each night the show started more than 30 minutes late without any apologies or explanations.
- The fact that two advertised designers didn’t turn up but no official announcement/explanation was given to the audience.
- The same few songs the DJ repeated every night.
- How clingy some of the pieces in the La Rosa Couture Plus sized line were. I commend the designer for attempting to cater to bigger women and some pieces skimmed the models bodies and were quite flattering. However, some materials and shapes were quite the opposite.
These are all things which can be worked on so I have no doubt the organizers and designers can improve next year.
Now on to the positives.
What I liked
- The inclusion of a kids’ fashion segment. Giordan William had the children looking like children while remaining fashionable.
- Quite a few pieces on the runway including these three.
- I also had a couple favourite models: Kari McCarthy and Shanni Thorpe. Understandably, some of the less experienced girls showed some nerves but these two were natural and fun to photograph.
Overall it was an enjoyable weekend and I look forward to next year’s staging.